Follow Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 4, 2012

If the shoe fits,adorn it

So I have big feet. Size 11!  They look proportional to my size , but finding shoes that fit , is an issue. Or I should say : finding shoes that fit, but are comfy and relatively cute, is the issue.
I found these black linen flats by Aerosoles and they are pretty comfy , but the glittery bows!!! Ew. When you are a size 11, the last thing you need are gold glitter bows.
If you know me, you know I don't co-own a business that specializes in adorned handbags , for nothing … these shoes had potential . I thought this could be an excellent way to illustrate what we go through to design every handbag we have in our line. The adornments on BB bags look effortless and interchangeable, but there is real thought behind the designs, and a lot of trail and error.We consider the aesthetics and the practicality, along with the construction, before we move forward with a design. Here is the procedure I went through to re-design the shoes…

First, Off came the bows...

Then I had to deal with the little tab thing...
When I took the tab off, left behind was this sticky gooey glue that required some glue remover and tweezers...
Then I had to use black Sharpie to hide some sins and I was all set to re-decorate.
***
Here are some possible ways to adorn these simple black flats.
photo 4 (1)photo 5photo 3 (2)photo 1 (1)photo 2photo 3 (3)photo 4 (3)photo (55)photo (53)photo (54)

photos R to L  :
1. flower garland
2.A round with small bee on left,  2B round with med bee on right
3A round w med bee on short flat,  3B left, tort buckle on right with big flat
4. tort buckle with short flat
5. sm bee on tort circle short flat
6. sm bee on short flat
7. long bee on black oval and short flat
8.med. bee on oval , short flat
9. Olympic rings w bee
10. universal monogram

..tell me what you think and when they are all done, I'll post the finished shoes.





11 comments:

  1. I like the tort buckle, the Olympic bee and the universal monogram. Some of the other embellishments look too big or too busy. These are great flats and I know they'll look perfect when you're finished!
    I agree that the glittery bows must go. Why is it that clothes or shoes in larger sizes seem to be over-the-top with gaudy or inappropriate designs. Large flowers make a large person look like a small upholstered chair. My favorite is the large sweater, top or t-shirt with animals prancing across the front. Evidently, clothing manufacturers are under the impression that if one wears larger sized shoes or clothes, they either want to look tacky or dress like a toddler.
    I can't wait to see what you do with the shoes. I know with your sense of style and great taste, I will be envious of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far we have 1 for tortoise buckle and one for #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #6 it is elegant and not too much metal to draw attention but enough that when you do look, you love it. You will definately get compliments. My second would be the one with the bee and tortoise behind it with the black ribbon.

    good luck. My mother wears an 11 too and she is such a classy southern lady she is always trying to downsize her feet. I love all your work. kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number # 1 tortoise Buckle and # 10 universal mono.. luv them only...Everything else looks over the top.So agree with marilyn. Larger size manufacturers have not a clue. Simple is best . Clean lines , soft colors . Not stripes, flowers and gaudy. the Gals at BB have style thats why we love are BB Bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the small bee and tortoiseshell round. The monogram is very pretty, but it has a look similar to a Reva.

    This is a great project. Good luck.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the bees for sure. Not crazy about the flowers. How about a horse head or snaffle bit? Great idea!! Can't wait to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa girls, we are not getting into the shoe biz any time soon! This is a project for one pair of shoes to illustrate the design process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TORTOISE Buckle!
    Sophisticated AND casual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Tort buckle, for sure...classic. You should start designing comfy flats...they would be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love these!! do you sell these??

    ReplyDelete